- September 29, 2003 | Dance Review
- Lost in Spaces
Two haunted retrospectives kick off the dance season: one with Bill T. Jones and his late partner, Arnie Zane; the other with Twyla rocking out.
- August 22, 2003 | Dance Review
- In Brief: Campagnie Felix Ruckert
Laura Shapiro reviews the latest from Compagnie Felix Ruckert.
- July 28, 2003 | Dance Review
- Lovable Mess
You’ll forgive the clash of styles, the mix of periods, even Death in hot pants—because St. Louis Woman is so exuberantly performed.
- July 14, 2003 | Dance Review
- What's the Pointe?
A company’s New York debut is all over the place; ABT’s big new work of the spring season fades behind the beautifully executed classics.
- June 9, 2003 | Dance Review
- In Brief: HereAfter
Laura Shapiro reviews HereAfter.
- June 2, 2003 | Dance Review
- Animal Magnetism
Christopher Wheeldon’s delightful new ballet takes off from The Carnival of the Animals but makes it a West Side story; Peter Martins skims the surface of a John Adams score.
- May 26, 2003 | Dance Review
- Caged Birds
Merce Cunningham scatters dancers across a stage, in warm counterpoint to John Cage’s opaque score.
- May 5, 2003 | Dance Review
- Site Lines
When Sara Michelson is at work, dance is likely to be happening everywhere inside—and out—of the theater. Boris Eifman’s Russian variation on Some Like It Hot is barely tepid.
- April 7, 2003 | Dance Review
- In Brief: Mr. XYZ
Laura Shapiro reviews Mr. XYZ
- March 31, 2003 | Dance Review
- In Brief: Bound
Laura Shapiro reviews Heidi Latsky's Bound.