- June 15, 2009 | Feature
- Barging In to Venice
The Brooklyn artist Swoon and her merry band of anarchists from deepest Bushwick are invading the Venice Biennale this week—on boats built from garbage. New York City garbage.
- April 13, 2009 | Features
- Do You Own Facebook? Or Does Facebook Own You?
Trust is a fragile commodity.
- April 6, 2009 | Encounter
- 125 Minutes With Lady Gaga
The Sacred Heart girl turned bisexual disco queen was never a lazy drug addict.
- May 25, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Hooked Up
Steven Soderbergh hired film critic Glenn Kenny to play the owner of a website that rates escorts for The Girlfriend Experience.
- October 27, 2008 |
- The Autumn of the I-Banker
Stripped of their superpowers, Wall Street’s wounded action heroes have been reduced to working for the government—or not at all. The meritocracy wasn’t supposed to work this way.
- August 18, 2008 | Features
- Black & Blacker
The racial politics of the Obama marriage.
- November 21, 2007 |
- The Leopard Changes His Spots
We thought we knew Roberto Cavalli - animal prints, plunging necklines, thigh-high slits, showgirl glam. We were wrong.
- October 22, 2007 | Features
- Everybody Sucks
Gawker and the rage of the creative underclass.
- June 25, 2007 | Intelligencer
- Is This Elf a Terrorist?
The first New Yorker convicted of ecoterrorism.
- February 5, 2007
- Even Bitches Have Feelings
Judith Regan is a walking cartoon, an equal-opportunity bigot—and hardly the only villain in the sordid O.J. publishing scandal.