- July 16, 2001 | Television Review
- In Brief
- June 21, 1999 | Television Review
- "Pirates of Silicon Valley"
- April 3, 2000 | Television Review
- In Brief: "Noriega: God's Favorite"
- October 27, 2003 | Television Review
- Richie Rich
In his first film, Jamie Johnson—heir to the Band-Aid fortune—skewers his fellow trustafarians. No wonder they’re no longer talking to him.
- May 17, 2004 | Television Review
- Powers That Be
Some civilizations bent to the service of bloodthirsty gods, others to bloodthirsty masters. Disney does a children’s classic—and gets it right.
- December 15, 2003 | Television Review
- No Expectations
With all its dirty laundering and pop psychologizing, Dickens probably should have had “Behind the Novels” appended to its title.
- June 21, 2004 | Television Review
- Bad Apple
Monk goes to Manhattan, but should have stayed home; Paris Hilton goes West, ditto; John Landis stalks a chatterbox salesman.
- November 3, 2003 | Television Review
- Lite Russians
A remake of Doctor Zhivago proves that when you take the revolution out of a revolutionary novel, something’s bound to be lost in translation.
- September 27, 1999 | Television Review
- Kelley's Angels
With "Snoops," David Kelley veers perilously close to Aaron Spelling territory; then again, why shouldn't Gina Gershon have her own show?
- February 24, 2003 | Television Review
- In Brief
Television critic John Leonard reviews A Letter From the Deep, Biography: James Baldwin, Da Ali G Show, 1st to Die, The Pill