- November 24, 2008 | Feature
- Long Story Short
A new book chronicles the rise of the original gangsta: Scarface.
- December 26, 2005 | Movie Review
- Hit Job
Attacks on 'Munich' miss its moral complexity. Plus: 'King Kong’s' view-by date and 'The New World’s' spoiled beauty.
- December 19, 2005 | Culture Awards
- The Year in Movies
Gay cowboys rode high in the saddle, Brangelina wrestled, documentaries danced, Reese drawled, David Cronenberg and Joss Whedon shocked, and smart New York films ruled again. Meanwhile, the comebacks kept coming, as King Kong, Woody Allen, and Robert Downey Jr. all roared back—one in a strangely British accent.
- December 12, 2005 | Feature
- How Felicity Huffman Went from Smash-Hit Housewife to Indie Tranny
"Listen, I look fine, and I like my face, but I’ve never been a beauty.” She laughs. “So it’s not like I had anything to lose or safeguard."
- December 12, 2005 | Movie Review
- The Final Frontier
That gay-cowboy movie you’ve heard so little about is even more startling than expected.
- December 5, 2005 | Movie Review
- All Messed Up on the Western Front
Kubrick’s Paths of Glory shows how much—and how little—war has changed in a century.
- November 28, 2005 | Movie Review
- Crude Awakening
Syriana does for oil what Traffic did for drugs: expose a twisted system in which no one’s hands stay clean.
- November 21, 2005 | Movie Review
- Sturm and Twang
Two rowdy lead performances enliven Walk the Line, which otherwise sings a familiar tune.
- November 14, 2005 | Movie Review
- The Lady Vanquishes
Keira Knightley gives 'Pride & Prejudice' a ferocious bite. Too bad she’s stuck with a toothless lover.
- November 7, 2005 | Movie Review
- War is Heck
A solid performance by Jake Gyllenhaal can’t make up for Jarhead’s lack of politics.