- January 3, 2005 | Movie Review
- Small Blunders
In two earnest indies, Sean Penn and John Travolta aim for authenticity—and miss by a mile.
- January 10, 2005 | Movie Review
- Man Overboard
The Sea Inside is a classy tearjerker, starring Javier Bardem as a quadriplegic with a case.
- January 24, 2005 | Movie Review
- Pro Formula
Even in lackluster roles, Laurence Fishburne and Samuel L. Jackson light up the screen.
- February 14, 2005 | Movie Review
- Porn, Again
A sharp and thought-provoking documentary revisits the skin ﬂick’s age of innocence.
- March 14, 2005 | Movie Review
- Tragically Unhip
Be Coolis a dated, second-rate Elmore Leondard sequel, riddled with icky undercurrents.
- February 28, 2005 | Movie Review
- Return of the Repressed
Imaginary Heroes is second-rank family drama, except for a standout performance by Sigourney Weaver.
- February 21, 2005 | Movie Review
- Hell’s Angeleno
Keanu Reeves makes pleasing metaphysical sport of himself in the noir-comics vehicle Constantine.
- November 29, 2004 | Movie Review
- The Big Picture
Oliver Stone’s ambition pays off in this lusty historical epic, full of elephants and eye contact.
- December 12, 2005 | Feature
- How Felicity Huffman Went from Smash-Hit Housewife to Indie Tranny
"Listen, I look fine, and I like my face, but I’ve never been a beauty.” She laughs. “So it’s not like I had anything to lose or safeguard."
- October 24, 2005 | Feature
- How Sincere Is Too Sincere?
The ‘Elizabethtown’ conundrum.