- January 5, 2004 | Ask New York
- I Need a Crash Course in Fine Dining
My girlfriend’s into fancy dining: caviar, fine wines, that sort of thing. I’m more of a pizza guy. Where can I learn to keep up with her?
- November 24, 2003 | Ask New York
- Who Can Copy My Frames?
I love my vintage cat-eye eyeglasses, but they’re just too fragile for everyday wear. Can someone reproduce the frames for me?
- January 12, 2004 | Ask New York
- Who Can Update My Fur Coat?
My mother gave me one of her best furs, but it’s a little too Dynasty for my taste. Is it possible to alter the style without ruining it?
- February 2, 2004 | Ask New York
- I'm Looking for Custom-Made Gloves
I’m having trouble finding gloves that fit me like—well, you know. Do any shops custom-make them?
- December 15, 2003 | Ask New York
- I Need Bachelorette Party Ideas
I’m throwing a bachelorette party, and we’re really not the Chippendale’s types. Any suggestions?
- December 8, 2003 | Ask New York
- I Need a Biography-worthy Videographer
We want to tell our grandmother’s amazing life story on video for her 100th-birthday party. Where do we turn for help?
- December 1, 2003 | Ask New York
- I Need a Furniture Fixer Who Makes House Calls
My antique credenza has an ugly gouge, but I don’t want to drag it down the steps to a refinisher—does anyone make house calls?
- October 27, 2003 | Ask New York
- I Need a Leather Specialist!
I have some leather and suede skirts that need altering. Where can I find a specialist?
- October 20, 2003 | Ask New York
- Who Can Personalize My Jeans?
I like those monogrammed jeans Madonna wears in the Gap’s ad campaign—who can stitch my initials on my back pocket?
- October 13, 2003 | Ask New York
- My Fave Lipstick Has Been Discontinued. Who Can Copy It?
My favorite lipstick was discontinued—is there any place that can mix me the same shade?