- February 28, 2005 | Real Estate
- Valley of the Deals
Why has Manhattan Valley been so slow to gentrify? Maybe because buyers aren’t quite sure where it is.
- February 21, 2005 | Real Estate
- Pick Up a House on Your Way Home
Storefront realty offices proliferate in Manhattan, as brokers hope for foot traffic and even impulse buyers.
- February 14, 2005 | Real Estate
- SWF Seeks 2BR w/SWM
Sometimes your broker can ﬁnd you more than just an apartment.
- January 24, 2005 | Real Estate
- Feeding the Frenzy
FreshDirect helps buyers choose apples and Asiago—and, increasingly, apartments.
- January 9, 2006 | Real Estate
- Let’s Put On a Showing!
Nobody’s turning up at your open houses? Bring in a soprano, a fancy chef, or Quincy.
- January 17, 2005 | Real Estate
- The $35,000-a-Month Rental
At this stratospheric price point, who would rather rent than buy? Apparently, lots of people.
- January 10, 2005 | Real Estate
- Saving the Planet, New York–Style
Driven by green of both kinds—environmentalism and money—developers are siding with tree-huggers.
- January 3, 2005 | Real Estate
- Take Me to the River
A lack of inventory drives the Fifth-and-Park crowd all the way to East End Avenue.
- December 20, 2004 | Real Estate
- An Elegant Secret
Downtowners moving to Washington Heights expect more space. But flat-out Park Avenue luxury?
- October 18, 2004 | Intelligencer
- Alternate-Side Fantasy
Mercedes-Benz announced it will introduce a U.S. version of the Smart car.