- March 10, 2009 | The Theater Review
- 33 Variations
Jane Fonda (accompanied by Beethoven) is not to be missed.
- February 9, 2009 | The Theater Review
- The Waiting Game
Mercedes Ruehl is a brilliantly monolithic matriarch in The American Plan. Plus, Hedda Gabler.
- January 19, 2009 | The Theater Review
- Emerald Guile
The Cripple of Inishmaan is light of heart—for a pitch-black Martin McDonagh drama.
- December 8, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Clash of the Steel Magnolias
In Dividing the Estate, Horton Foote takes the southern family drama out for one more spin.
- November 10, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Raúl Esparza steals the show in Speed-the-Plow.
- October 27, 2008 | The Theater Review
- The Natural
A homespun Katie Holmes is the best thing about this bombastic All My Sons revival.
- July 26, 2004 | Intelligencer
This season’s oddest cultural convergence? A play, two movies, and a novel about killing the president.
- April 19, 2004 | The Ad War '04
- The Most Effective Ad So Far
Bush/Cheney, “21st Century”
- March 15, 2004 | Feature
- Tragic Heroine
Amidst the crush, she was alone.