- April 20, 2009
- A Leaner, Meaner Tribeca
Fewer films, more spunk.
- February 2, 2009 | Sundance
- Hard Times, Happy Festival
The strongest lineup in years launches a passel of new stars.
- December 22, 2008
- The Curious Case of Julia Ormond
The actress returns, ten years after her brief fling as film’s Next Big Thing.
- December 15, 2008 |
- The Top Ten DVDs
Conventional wisdom has it that 2008 was a retrenching time for the DVD industry, with the world focused on Blu-Ray and consumers cutting back.
- December 8, 2008 | Feature
- Señor Guevara, You Look Familiar
Steven Soderbergh’s four-hour-plus epic Che opens briefly next week for Oscar consideration. But you might have seen the young rebel before.
- September 15, 2008 | Feature
- DIY Coen Brothers
Burn After Reading sports some familiar ingredients.
- September 1, 2008 |
- $10 Million for a Pilot?
Newsgroups and TV blogs have been buzzing about the reported $10 million budget for J.J. Abrams’s Fringe pilot.
- June 2, 2008 | Feature
- New York Shoots: Summer ’08
A select guide to the season’s cinematic action.
- May 5, 2008 | Feature
- The Undulating Curve Books Its Ticket for the Continent!
When Cannes unveiled its lineup, Soderbergh’s double dose of Che films immediately shot to the top of everyone’s lists.
- April 21, 2008
- Nine to Watch