- January 21, 2008
- How ‘The 39 Steps’ Went From Tense British Thriller to Broadway Comedy
The journey of John Buchan's novel to the screen and the stage.
- August 28, 2006
- How—Just Four Years After Its 42-Year Run—‘The Fantasticks’ Is Back Onstage
A long story short.
- October 31, 2005
- How the Ballets Russes Inspired Dance's Great Leap Forward—And a New Film
From Parisian avant-garde to the Film Forum in seven steps.
- October 3, 2005
- How 'Lolita' has Stayed Fresh and Youthful for 50 Years
From banned book to celebrated literature in seven steps.
- August 9, 2005
- How Dick Van Dyke and Paris Hilton co-opted our most famous painting.
From icon of culture to reality-tv spoof in seven steps.
- July 25, 2005
- How 'The Mambo Kings' Danced onto the Great White Way - Almost.
From book to the Great White Way (almost) in seven steps.
- June 13, 2005
- How Werner Herzog, Shoe-Eating Outlaw, Became Film's Most Audacious Auteur
From shoe-eating outlaw to film's most audacious auteur in seven steps.
- April 11, 2005
- How William Shatner Went From Has-Been to Icon in Seven Self-Aware Steps
From Has-Been to Icon in Seven Self-Aware Steps.
- March 7, 2005
- The Strange Trip from Sensitive Mark Vincent to Action Hero Vin Diesel
From sensitive english major to bad-ass action hero in seven steps.
- February 21, 2005
- How Champion Spellers Went from Awkward Outcasts to Pop-Culture Heroes.
A seven step story.