- November 19, 2012
- Beware the Undulating Curve of Shifting Expectations!
Following the inevitable letdown of Election Night, we point our anticipation to the rest of this year’s expectation-encumbered entertainment.
- November 12, 2012
- Clarification: Bond Flick or In-Flight Shopping Catalogue?
The difference between Bond flicks and in-flight catalogues.
- October 15, 2012
- Virgin Immobile
The Sessions avoids all the usual sex-comedy-with-polio clichés.
- August 20, 2012
- Age Against the Machine
Frank Langella spars with an android accomplice in Robot & Frank.
- August 6, 2012
- Late Summer on the Undulating Curve of Shifting Expectations!
We’re still a month away from fall’s big novels and Oscar-baiting films, and all of this season’s high-tone popcorn movies have already come and gone.
- June 25, 2012
- Summering on the Undulating Curve of Shifting Expectations
In this humidity, the Curve is kinder to those who keep cool at home.
- May 28, 2012
- The Secret Life of Rockefeller Center
Ben Stiller, “Walter Mitty,” and a Sunday in New York.
- May 14, 2012
- Clarification: Superhero Movie or Kosher Dog Food?
A look at The Avengers.
- April 30, 2012
- Prude Awakening
Alison Brie is a lot more fun than the characters she plays on TV. Just ask a foot fetishist.
- April 23, 2012
- The John Cusack Affair
Robbing the Getty Museum with Malibu’s most whimsical maniac.