- March 9, 2009 | Process
Making the Watchmen’s New York.
- February 23, 2009 | Feature
- Who Worked Hardest for His Nomination?
We rewatched the films starring Supporting Actor nominees and charted the one-shot scene-stealers, the quiet reflected-glory types, and the leads committing category fraud.
- March 2, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Brainy Broadway
How Schiller became a sure thing.
- February 2, 2009 | The Theater Review
- Mortgage-Backed Insecurity
At BAM, Sam Mendes’s production of The Cherry Orchard is a bold beginning to a daring series.
- January 5, 2009 | Feature
- The Annotated Script: 'The American Plan'
Richard Greenberg on reworking his breakout play.
- December 22, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Prayer for My Enemy
In setting the centerpiece of his play Prayer For My Enemy, Craig Lucas has given himself a challenge.
- December 15, 2008 |
- The Top Ten Graphic Novels
Runs the gamut from poignant memoirs to vividly terrifying, including elegant, wordless works of art.
- December 8, 2008 | The Theater Review
As reporter Ian (Reed Birney) and his former mistress Cate (Marin Ireland) enter the posh Leeds hotel room that’s the setting for Soho Rep’s production of Blasted, Ian casually hangs the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the doorknob.
- December 1, 2008 | The Theater Review
- I Hear America Singing
Road Show almost gets its motor running this time. Plus: Cedric the Entertainer plays Mamet cool.
- November 24, 2008 | Feature
- Guess Who’s Coming to Visit?
Where to take your out-of-towners this holiday season, in one act.