- November 5, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Great Actresses Aren’t Enuf
An awful adaptation of For Colored Girls.
- November 8, 2010 | The Movie Review
- The Devil You Don’t Know
In both Fair Game and Client 9, we watch shadowy figures practice the art of the public takedown.
- November 1, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Another Dark Night of the Soul
And in the case of The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, it’s an exceptionally long one.
- October 18, 2010 | The Movie Review
- The Other Side of Clint
Hereafter, speaking through dead people, says a lot about Eastwood the director.
- October 11, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Best Served Cold
The Social Network is a wallop of Red Bull, poured over ice. Plus: The pale, Bergmanesque vampires of Let Me In.
- September 27, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Old Greed, New Greed
Gordon Gekko updates his portfolio. Plus: Waiting for “Superman” takes flight.
- September 20, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Art of the Steal
Jeremy Renner nearly runs off with Ben Affleck’s The Town, a caper flick full of terrific performances.
- September 13, 2010 | The Movie Review
- My Poker Face
Is Joaquin Phoenix a super-freak by nature or design?
- August 23, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Road to Myself
Julia Roberts downs a lot of carbs and has an epiphany. There, we’ve saved you twelve bucks.
- August 9, 2010 | The Movie Review
- A Not So Super Hero
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is the coolest movie ever … at least for the first half-hour.