- April 26, 2010 | Feature
- Man’s Best Friend
In film, and now theater, Jonathan Demme masters the art of ebullient humanism.
- April 26, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Mad As Beale
Network’s mantra, 34 years later.
- April 19, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Banksy Tags Himself
Exit Through the Gift Shop was going to be a documentary about a graffiti artist. Then he and the director swapped jobs.
- April 12, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Primitive Magic
Michel Gondry’s heartrending family documentary. Plus, some mighty dull Titans.
- April 5, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Are You Kidding Me?!
Chloe is a feast of rich and nuanced performances—until the world’s lamest plot twist kicks in. Plus: Edward Norton’s perfect co-star.
- March 29, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Monsters, Inc.
Two films, Vincere and Greenberg, lay bare the emotional destruction of hideous men.
- March 15, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Cherry Bomb
Dakota Fanning can’t quite save The Runaways. Plus, the frenetic attack of Green Zone.
- March 8, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Welcome to the Fun House
Tim Burton’s Alice isn’t quite Lewis Carroll’s, but it has it’s own delightfully garish soul.
- February 22, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Intimate Malice
The mind games of chilling prison drama A Prophet and Shutter Island.
- February 8, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Fists of French Fury
To Paris With Love and District 13: Ultimatum bring the pain (eat your heart out, John Woo).