- December 17, 2007 |
- The Year in Movies
Johnny Depp slashed throats and Javier Bardem got freaky with a cattle stun gun, Julie Christie astonished, rats mingled with Ayn Rand, and we came to an infinitely greater understanding of what can happen in the blink of an eye.
- December 10, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Melodrama in Distress
Atonement should make amends to Ian McEwan. Plus: Juno, a teen flick run amok.
- December 3, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Savage Grace
Two wonderful meditations—from Julian Schnabel and Tamara Jenkins—on life slipping away.
- November 26, 2007 | The Movie Review
- It Ain’t Me, Babe
Todd Haynes’s many Bob Dylans don’t add up.
- November 19, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Family Guy
Noah Baumbach plumbs the inky depths of smart, shallow people. Plus: Brian De Palma's Redacted.
- November 12, 2007 | The Movie Review
- War Cry
Lions for Lambs may have you making strange noises. Plus: Seinfeld’s sting-free comedy.
- November 5, 2007 | The Movie Review
- High and Dry
American Gangster is oddly bloodless.
- October 29, 2007 | The Movie Review
- ‘Devil’ Worship
Sidney Lumet lovers, rejoice! Plus: The small problem with Ryan Gosling’s sex-doll movie.
- October 22, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Ways of Making You Talk
Rendition is rousing despite itself. Plus: Dead-kid season in Hollywood.
- October 15, 2007 | The Movie Review
- What’s It All About, Anyway?
Sleuth is Pinter lite (a relief); We Own the Night does, basically.