- February 16, 2009 | The Movie Review
- Debt Collection
Capitalism light (Confessions of a Shopaholic) and dark (Gomorrah).
- February 9, 2009 | The Movie Review
- What You See Is What You Get
The stunning, oddly soulless film of Neil Gaiman’s Coraline. Plus, Liam Neeson, awesome butt-kicker.
- February 2, 2009 | The Movie Review
- Class Distinction
An Oscar nominee for Best Foreign Language Film also happens to be one of the best films in any language.
- February 2, 2009 | Feature
- The Curse of Hedda Gabler
Mary-Louise Parker is the latest to tackle the iconic role. Can she, finally, get it right?
- January 19, 2009 | The Movie Review
- Quiet Riot
In Silent Light, director Carlos Reygadas takes his sweet time with a cheating Mennonite.
- January 5, 2009 | The Movie Review
- Graphic Violence
The superb, animated Waltz With Bashir makes war feverishly real. Plus, gentleman Nazi Tom Cruise.
- December 22, 2008 | The Movie Review
- ’Tis the Season…
…to be cramming for the Oscars, as the studios release their most potent hopefuls. Our critic considers nine.
- December 8, 2008 | The Movie Review
- Unholy Alliance
Frost/Nixon’s iconic TV moment seems quaint after Couric/Palin. Plus: Cadillac Records hits its groove.
- December 1, 2008 | The Movie Review
- The Gospel of Harvey Milk
A shiny, happy Sean Penn finally gets to play a saint. Plus, the cheesy allure of Twilight.
- November 24, 2008 | The Movie Review
- Indian Love Song
Danny Boyle's irresistible Slumdog Millionaire. Plus, DIsney's huggably meta kids' flick, Bolt.