- October 15, 2007 | The Movie Review
- What’s It All About, Anyway?
Sleuth is Pinter lite (a relief); We Own the Night does, basically.
- October 8, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Scandal Janitor
In Michael Clayton, George Clooney uses his mask of glamour to excellent effect. Plus: The movie on abortion?
- October 1, 2007 |
- Coen Heads
The mind-melded Coen brothers have made a brilliant fetish out of favoring form over content. But now, with No Country for Old Men, they may have discovered they don’t have to choose one over the other.
- October 1, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Clickety Clack
Ang Lee finds the perfect sex game for himself, while Wes Anderson discovers India by train.
- September 24, 2007 | The Movie Review
- The Forest for the Trees
Sean Penn can’t quite find his path in Into the Wild. Plus: Global-warming horror! (Quick, take refuge at Toots Shor’s.)
- September 17, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Post-Traumatic Mystery
Compared with Crash, Paul Haggis’s Iraq film is devastatingly restrained. Plus: Russell Crowe’s laughing eyes and Jodie Foster’s weird mistake.
- August 27, 2007 | The Movie Review
- The Boys of Summer
Judd Apatow & Co. take the teen sex comedy to a whole new level. The Nanny Diaries doesn’t raise the chick-flick bar.
- August 20, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Baby, You’re a Star. No, Really. That’s Your Role.
Stardust overcomes the silly obstacles it sets for itself. Plus: Leo’s scary documentary.
- August 13, 2007 | The Movie Review
- See Sickness
Pass the Dramamine, hold the popcorn: It’s the new Bourne flick.
- July 30, 2007 | The Movie Review
- The No-Spin Zone
Ice-cold facts illuminate the Iraq documentary No End in Sight. Plus: Dissent isn’t what it used to be.