- July 16, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Not Another Teen Movie
The latest Potter is dark, dark, dark—and in need of some zit cream. It also one-ups the novel.
- July 2, 2007 | The Movie Review
- The Treatment
Michael Moore’s best film yet diagnoses a sick health-care system. Plus: Yearning rats, thrilling Herzog, and an overly burnished Evening.
- June 25, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Mariane’s Labyrinth
A Mighty Heart is a powerful journey down terror’s rat holes. Plus: French erotics and Hollywood piety.
- June 18, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Champagne Agony
The grand, sad, only slightly made-up life of Edith Piaf. Plus: Fido, another reason to love zombies.
- June 11, 2007 | The Movie Review
- What Happens in Vegas…
The stag party that is Ocean’s 13 scores by rarely leaving the casino. Plus: Penguins! Surfing! Hooray!
- June 4, 2007 | The Movie Review
- 9˝ Months
Knocked Up is a knockout, until it outstays its optimal running time. Plus: The sweet insanity of Crazy Love.
- May 28, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Roach Motel
William Friedkin’s Bug is a creepy-crawly drama of the highest order (thanks in large part to Ashley Judd).
- May 21, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Fay’d Out
The new Hal Hartley movie comes to a grim end. But Alec Baldwin’s latest star outing is…quite likable.
- May 14, 2007 | The Movie Review
- The War on Horror
In 28 Weeks Later, zombies spell trouble. But so do the Americans who’ve come to wipe them out. Plus: L’Iceberg, a frozen treat.
- May 7, 2007 | The Movie Review
- Web 3.0
Spider-Man 3 is too good-hearted (and lofty). Also, would someone just let Kirsten Dunst fall already?