- April 3, 2006 | The Movie Review
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
A documentary about a very troubled musician asks if artists always have to tango with the devil.
- March 27, 2006 | The Movie Review
- Explosive Action
V for Vendetta is a welcome blast of pop subversion. And Spike Lee finally delivers a joint worth savoring.
- March 13, 2006 | The Movie Review
- Los Space Invaders
Duck Season’s a Mexican hangout movie with two extra guests. Plus: Colin and Salma’s insult-fest.
- March 6, 2006 | The Movie Review
- Our Men in Bolivia
A very inside look at James Carville & Co.’s tragic electioneering. Plus: Bruce Willis, bleary action star.
- February 27, 2006 | The Movie Review
- A Black-and-White Movie
The racial drama Freedomland is heavy-handed yet wrenching. Plus: Better living through amnesia!
- February 20, 2006 | The Movie Review
- From Russia With Blood
The vampire thriller Night Watch is both hard and fun to follow. Plus: Oh, non, it’s Steve Martin’s Clouseau.
- February 13, 2006 | The Movie Review
- Young at Heart
Jonathan Demme syncs up perfectly with Neil Young. Plus: Harrison Ford as Indiana Cybergeek, and Soderbergh’s wobbly Bubble.
- February 6, 2006 | The Movie Review
- Losing the Plot
Tristram Shandy’s a delightful work of postmodern abandon, but Manderlay is better left alone.
- April 23, 2007 | Feature
- Oh, Diane
A salute to Keaton, who runs away from praise.
- February 5, 2007 | Feature
- The Critic and the Producer
A bi-coastal Oscars exchange.