- November 28, 2011 | The Movie Review
- When Vampires Mate
The fourth Twilight film is—like a lot of weddings and births—an unexpectedly primal experience.
- June 25, 2012 | The Movie Review
- No Prince Required
Brave, starring Pixar’s first female lead, casts a spell.
- April 12, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Primitive Magic
Michel Gondry’s heartrending family documentary. Plus, some mighty dull Titans.
- May 3, 2010 | The Movie Review
- The Selfish Altruist
A splendid mini-morality tale from Nicole Holofcener and her muse, Catherine Keener.
- June 14, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Ozark Gothic
Winter’s Bone pulls incredibly powerful drama out of a grim, hard corner of rural America.
- May 20, 2013 | The Movie Review
- Star Trek II: Part II
Into Darkness is an homage to The Wrath of Khan—and a deep draft of Klingon ale.
- September 27, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Old Greed, New Greed
Gordon Gekko updates his portfolio. Plus: Waiting for “Superman” takes flight.
- August 23, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Road to Myself
Julia Roberts downs a lot of carbs and has an epiphany. There, we’ve saved you twelve bucks.
- October 11, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Best Served Cold
The Social Network is a wallop of Red Bull, poured over ice. Plus: The pale, Bergmanesque vampires of Let Me In.
- August 9, 2010 | The Movie Review
- A Not So Super Hero
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is the coolest movie ever … at least for the first half-hour.