- March 29, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Monsters, Inc.
Two films, Vincere and Greenberg, lay bare the emotional destruction of hideous men.
- September 20, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Art of the Steal
Jeremy Renner nearly runs off with Ben Affleck’s The Town, a caper flick full of terrific performances.
- July 12, 2010 | The Movie Review
- The New Normal
The Kids Are All Right’s portrait of gay parenting is fearless enough to be hugely entertaining.
- December 7, 2009 | The Movie Review
- Beyond the Call of Duty
Every star of Jim Sheridan’s Brothers outdoes expectations. Plus: a flighty adaptation of Up in the Air.
- May 31, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Heaven and Hell
The pagan martyr of Agora versus the flagrant consumers of Sex and the City 2. Guess who wins?
- August 31, 2009 |
- David Edelstein’s Want-to-Sees
What our critic is most eager for this fall.
- February 8, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Fists of French Fury
To Paris With Love and District 13: Ultimatum bring the pain (eat your heart out, John Woo).
- August 2, 2010 | The Movie Review
- The Everyhero
In Salt, Angelina Jolie's CIA agent is a little bit Bond, a little bit Bauer, and a dash of everyone in between.
- November 9, 2009 | The Movie Review
- When Push Comes to Shove
The violent and shocking Precious should be more moving than it is.
- July 19, 2010 | The Movie Review
- Dream a Little Dream
Awakening to the leaden reality of Christopher Nolan’s Inception.