- June 9, 2008 | The Art Review
- Statuary Story
David Altmejd’s otherworldly figures create narrative just by standing still.
- June 2, 2008 | The Art Review
- The Art World’s Space Invader
Does a Warhol look different when it’s hanging above someone’s TV set? Ask Louise Lawler.
- May 26, 2008 | Feature
- American Inventor
- May 19, 2008 | The Art Review
- Elizabeth II
Elizabeth Peyton returns to life.
- May 5, 2008 | The Art Review
- The Day the Lights Went On
Dan Flavin’s 1964 breakout show, in meticulous reproduction.
- April 28, 2008 | The Art Review
- Wasted Youth
A collaboration between two superhot artists instantly looks dated.
- April 14, 2008 |
- The New York Canon: Art
The East Village’s friendly baby, the culture wars’ provocateur, and (of course) Andy’s apotheosis.
- April 7, 2008 | The Art Review
- The Venus of Long Island City
P.S. 1’s survey of feminist art shows us the birth of just about every art trend that’s in vogue today.
- March 24, 2008 | The Art Review
- When Cool Turns Cold
The Whitney Biennial, chockablock with bloodless M.F.A. product, is a little too smart for its own good.
- March 3, 2008 | The Art Review
- Fever Dreams
A show about archives gets brilliantly lost in the vaults.