- April 28, 2008 | The Art Review
- Wasted Youth
A collaboration between two superhot artists instantly looks dated.
- April 14, 2008 |
- The New York Canon: Art
The East Village’s friendly baby, the culture wars’ provocateur, and (of course) Andy’s apotheosis.
- April 7, 2008 | The Art Review
- The Venus of Long Island City
P.S. 1’s survey of feminist art shows us the birth of just about every art trend that’s in vogue today.
- March 24, 2008 | The Art Review
- When Cool Turns Cold
The Whitney Biennial, chockablock with bloodless M.F.A. product, is a little too smart for its own good.
- February 25, 2008 | The Art Review
- Éminence Grise
“Jasper Johns: Gray”shows off an imagination that works in non-imaginative ways.
- June 2, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Tower of Rabble
An elegy for the city’s folk-art monumentalism.
- July 14, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Beacon of Hope
Does Philippe Vergne have what it takes to keep Dia from being DOA?
- September 15, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Modern Machinery
With new curatorial direction, the MoMA should speed up, and the Guggenheim should slow down.
- February 11, 2008 | The Art Review
- Artist in Residence
When Guy Ben-Ner goes to Ikea, he’s not there for the meatballs.
- February 4, 2008 | The Art Review
- Emerging, After All These Years
The gallery gold rush has allowed artists who’ve spent decades on the fringes to grab at the prize.