- August 27, 2007 | Feature
- Bohemian Rhapsody
Remembering Elizabeth Murray.
- July 16, 2007 | The Art Review
- Cocktail Culture
The European megashows, under the glitz, are all about the power of the unexpected mix.
- July 2, 2007 | The Art Review
- Ugh, Venice
Biennials are boring and bloated—yet we trudge from one to the next. There must be a better way to see art.
- June 18, 2007 | The Art Review
- Buona Serra
A museum custom-built for Richard Serra delivers on its wishes for shock and awe.
- June 18, 2007 | Feature
- Beyond Serra
A critic’s five favorite public artworks, all on view for free.
- June 11, 2007 | The Art Review
- A Real Bummer
The Whitney’s “Summer of Love” show needs to come down from its psychedelic high. The stuff just wasn’t that good.
- May 21, 2007 | The Art Review
- It’s Boring at the Top
Is Andreas Gursky—the highest-priced photographer alive—running out of ideas?
- June 4, 2007 | The Art Review
- Deal or No Deal
Takashi Murakami’s show is nakedly commercial; “Underdog” strikes an opposite pose, to much the same effect.