- December 8, 2008 |
- Only the Voices Are Huge
Opera beyond Lincoln Center.
- December 8, 2008 | Intelligencer
- Green Dreams on Madison Square
Daniel Libeskind has unveiled a proposal for his first New York building.
- November 24, 2008 | The Classical Music Review
- The Devil Is in the Details
Extraordinary staging gets the most out of La Damnation de Faust.
- November 24, 2008 | Intelligencer
- It’s Not Over Till...
How can New York City Opera survive its failed bet on an extravagant, avant-garde future?
- November 24, 2008 | Feature
- Building a New WPA
Great architects need a great canvas. New York needs infrastructure. And a lot of people need jobs. A proposal.
- November 17, 2008 | The Classical Music Review
- Diversity Now!
Douglas Cuomo draws on ethnic musics of every variety—with a mongrel result.
- November 3, 2008 | The Classical Music Review
- Sketches of Spain
Period instruments put concertgoers in the world—not just the words—of Don Quixote.
- November 3, 2008
- From Idlewild to Just Plain Mild
How TWA’s swoopy little eagle fits in its giant, generic JetBlue nest.
- October 27, 2008 | The Classical Music Review
- Fission Power
Penny Woolcock’s production of Doctor Atomic burnishes a masterpiece.
- October 13, 2008 | The Classical Music Review
- Rethinking Lenny
Performers too young to have known Bernstein see his music afresh.