- September 21, 2009 | Intelligencer
- Basket Case
Bruce Ratner SHoPs for respectability.
- December 7, 2009 | Intelligencer
- The Keep
America’s medieval new U.N. mission.
- February 22, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Piazza Bloomberg
The new, (mostly) car-free Times Square is a triumph of bureaucratic compromise.
- October 4, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Good Buildings
Post-boom, helpful architecture.
- October 18, 2010 | Intelligencer
- Dream Mosque
The sleek, generic renderings of Park51 don’t tell us anything about why it should be built there.
- February 9, 2009 | Feature
- The Art of Survival
Chamber-music superstars the Emerson Quartet continue to thrive after 30 years.
- February 2, 2009 |
- A Delicate Colossus
The Standard Hotel is a big, brawny exhibitionist with a surprisingly sensitive touch.
- January 20, 2009 | The Classical Music Review
- Egyptian Revival
City Opera reminds us that Antony and Cleopatra doesn't deserve its bad rep.
- January 19, 2009 | Feature
- Hit the Road, Giacomo
A prescription for City Opera’s troubles: Break the lease.
- December 22, 2008 | The Classical Music Review
Renée Fleming has reached that apex of divadom where she sings mostly the role of Renée Fleming.