- August 11, 2008 | Feature
- Puff Piece
James Franco’s not the first actor to invigorate his career by playing a stoner.
- July 28, 2008 | Feature
- Hey, How’s That Project Going?
What much-awaited projects are nearing completion in the worlds of rock, opera, theater, and visual art?
- June 2, 2008 | Feature
- And the Song of the Summer
The one about taking a knife to the heart. You heard us.
- May 19, 2008 | Feature
- More Odd Heroes
It’s hard to remember now, but Robert Downey Jr. didn’t seem like an obvious call for Iron Man, either.
- April 7, 2008 | Feature
- Are You More in the Mood for Farrah Fawcett, or Mr. T?
Vulture’s Lane Brown helps sort through a few decades of classic cops and robbers, P.I.’s and vigilantes featured on Hulu.com.
- February 4, 2008 | Feature
- Best-Director Death Match
Everyone’s favorite art star–auteur–bearded madman Julian Schnabel got his first Schnomination for the Best Director Oscar this week.
- December 24, 2007 | Feature
- Who Cares How Good the Movies Actually Are? Let’s Talk Oscar!
A semi-premature and only mildly scientific analysis of the Academy Awards horse race.
- December 17, 2007 |
- Culture Apocalypse 2008
If the past year in culture taught us anything, it’s that next year might totally suck.
- November 19, 2007 | Feature
- Your Pre-Holiday Guide to Downer Films
Are you in the mood for a depressing movie?