- August 27, 2007 | Short Lists
- The Birth of the Cool
Soothing abstractions and well-ventilated museums are the perfect antidotes to horrifying humidity.
- August 20, 2007 | Intelligencer
- Karan’s Escape Plan for Fashion Week
This year in Jerusalem.
- August 20, 2007 | Short Lists
- School’s Out
Aspiring misfits have one more week to see three art-world bad boys in action.
- August 13, 2007 | Short Lists
- Summer Must-Sees
Two fantastic reasons to visit the Chelsea Art Museum (besides air-conditioning and the lack of crowds in summer, that is).
- July 30, 2007 | Short Lists
- Sex Ed
August heats up the galleries.
- July 30, 2007 | Feature
- The Annotated Artwork
This colossal photograph by Barry Frydlender, a Tel Aviv artist, looks journalistic, but it’s anything but.
- July 23, 2007 | Short Lists
- Sitting Pretty
New twists on an old genre: artists give portraiture a second look.
- July 16, 2007 | Short Lists
- Domestic Affairs
Two artists, one German, one American, reimagine historical motifs from home.
- July 2, 2007 | Short Lists
- Video Made the Gallery Stars
Postmasters’ campy new group show, “Not Your Parents’ MTV: Music Videos from Hell,” opening June 28, pokes fun at a pop-culture obsession.
- June 25, 2007 | Short Lists
- A Perfect Day for Bananafish
Who says artists are inspired purely by the visual? These shows all draw on heavy-duty literature.