- December 1, 2008 | The Book Review
- The Basketball Dork’s Bible
How much hoops analysis is too much?
- November 17, 2008 | The Book Review
- Prose Poem
Roberto Bolaño’s brilliant, messy everything novel.
- November 3, 2008 | The Book Review
- Five Lives
What Emily Post has in common with Rimbaud.
- October 13, 2008 | The Book Review
- Algorithm & Blues
The wonder and terror of Google.
- October 6, 2008 |
- In Conversation: Richard Price and Junot Díaz
Two New York novelists on the death of Times Square, the afterbirth of the Lower East Side, and the importance of ghosts.
- September 18, 2008 | Feature
- Infinite Loss
David Foster Wallace, 1962–2008
- September 15, 2008 | The Book Review
- Go Ask Alice
The even-timelier-than-expected novel about Laura Bush.
- September 1, 2008 |
- Bolaño’s Best for Last?
The posthumous literary superstar has one final novel yet to appear in English. And it could be his greatest.
- August 11, 2008 | The Book Review
- How James Wood’s ‘How Fiction Works’ Works
And why it sometimes doesn’t.
- July 14, 2008 | The Book Review
- A History of Hooch
The Greeks worshipped it; the Aztecs were a little more conflicted.