- January 19, 2009 |
- The New Is Now
The doomsayers are right: The end is near. And that’s a good thing. A look at a collection of people, happenings, and ideas that point to a new beginning.
- December 22, 2008 | The Book Review
- Wake Up, Little Susie
The early journals of Susan Sontag reveal a pretentious, insecure, surprisingly lovable narcissist.
- December 15, 2008 |
- The Top Ten Books
Lush Life, 2666, Sea of Poppies, and more.
- December 1, 2008 | The Book Review
- The Basketball Dork’s Bible
How much hoops analysis is too much?
- November 17, 2008 | The Book Review
- Prose Poem
Roberto Bolaño’s brilliant, messy everything novel.
- November 3, 2008 | The Book Review
- Five Lives
What Emily Post has in common with Rimbaud.
- October 13, 2008 | The Book Review
- Algorithm & Blues
The wonder and terror of Google.
- October 6, 2008 |
- In Conversation: Richard Price and Junot Díaz
Two New York novelists on the death of Times Square, the afterbirth of the Lower East Side, and the importance of ghosts.
- September 18, 2008 | Feature
- Infinite Loss
David Foster Wallace, 1962–2008
- September 15, 2008 | The Book Review
- Go Ask Alice
The even-timelier-than-expected novel about Laura Bush.