- August 11, 2008 | The Book Review
- How James Wood’s ‘How Fiction Works’ Works
And why it sometimes doesn’t.
- July 14, 2008 | The Book Review
- A History of Hooch
The Greeks worshipped it; the Aztecs were a little more conflicted.
- June 2, 2008 | The Book Review
- The Sex Lives of Others
Robert Olen Butler trawls the outer limits (Nixon, Santa Claus) of erotic imagination.
- May 26, 2008 | The Book Review
- Dada’s Boy
A reexamination of Chris Farley’s tragically short career.
- May 12, 2008 | The Book Review
- Anarchy and Semicolons
A novel in which a punctuation mark could almost be called destiny.
- April 14, 2008 |
- The New York Canon: Books
From Norman Mailer to Rem Koolhaas, 26 works of lapidary New Yorkitude.
- March 31, 2008 | The Book Review
- Peace Offensive
Nicholson Baker gives the Good War a bad rap.
- March 10, 2008 | The Book Review
- Stalking the Gramno
A book-review procedural about Richard Price’s Lush Life.
- March 3, 2008 | The Book Review
- Don’t LOL
The strange symbiosis of blogs and literature.
- February 18, 2008 | Feature
- Three More Careys
The Australian novelist really shines here, whether he’s dealing in Dickens, hoaxes, or an outlaw’s autobiography.