- March 31, 2008 | The Book Review
- Peace Offensive
Nicholson Baker gives the Good War a bad rap.
- March 10, 2008 | The Book Review
- Stalking the Gramno
A book-review procedural about Richard Price’s Lush Life.
- March 3, 2008 | The Book Review
- Don’t LOL
The strange symbiosis of blogs and literature.
- February 18, 2008 | Feature
- Three More Careys
The Australian novelist really shines here, whether he’s dealing in Dickens, hoaxes, or an outlaw’s autobiography.
- February 18, 2008 | The Book Review
- Losing His Voices
Peter Carey, genius of literary mimicry, comes down with laryngitis.
- February 11, 2008 | Feature
- O’Flanngelists, Rejoice!
Everyman’s is savior.
- February 11, 2008 | The Book Review
- Hair of the Doggerel
Is a novel about werewolves/written in verse/necessarily cursed?
- February 4, 2008 | Feature
- The Winner
Those who thought the writers’ strike would bring down Leno misunderstood the power of his limitations.
- January 14, 2008 | The Book Review
- You Are the One
In her new WWII novel, A.L. Kennedy survives her own obstacles (chief among them, writing a WWII novel).
- December 24, 2007 | The Book Review
- Taster’s Choice
Is disdain for Céline Dion innate or learned? And what’s wrong with liking her music anyway?