- December 17, 2007 |
- The Year in Books
Roberto Bolaño became literature’s new patron saint, Joshua Ferris goosed cubicle culture, Michael Chabon compared many things to many other things, Edwidge Danticat delivered a memoir of shocking loss.
- December 10, 2007 | The Book Review
- The Victorian iPod
Amazon’s new e-reader, Kindle, is good because it feels old. Wonder how long that’ll last.
- November 26, 2007 | Feature
- Rationalist of the Absurd
Steve Martin’s extraordinarily calculated comedy.
- November 12, 2007 | The Book Review
Donald Barthelme’s new posthumous collection, with apologies to Donald Barthelme.
- October 29, 2007 | The Book Review
- French Twist
How to Talk About Books You Haven’t Read proves its own point.
- October 15, 2007 | The Book Review
- The Mother Smotherer
In her new book, Alice Sebold commits a crime more grievous than murder: self-plagiarism.
- October 1, 2007 | The Book Review
- Schlong of Myself
Mourning the death of Philip Roth’s funny bone.
- September 24, 2007 |
- Exorcising the Dodgers
50 years ago, the Dodgers left Ebbets Field for Los Angeles. Isn’t it time their ghosts left, too?
- September 3, 2007 |
- Philip Roth Will Not Go Gentle Into the Night
The final Zuckerman novel is as sexually obsessed as ever.
- August 13, 2007 | The Book Review
- Harry Potter and the Ignominious Cop-Out
In which a franchise chickens out of the very thing that would have redeemed it.