- January 22, 2007 | The Book Review
Come on, Martin Amis, you can do worse than this.
- November 26, 2007 | Feature
- Rationalist of the Absurd
Steve Martin’s extraordinarily calculated comedy.
- November 12, 2007 | The Book Review
Donald Barthelme’s new posthumous collection, with apologies to Donald Barthelme.
- February 19, 2007 | The Book Review
- The Shotaholic
Pistol Pete was a brilliant and possibly insane player who sadly predated basketball’s highlight age.
- September 18, 2006 | Intelligencer
- Atonal Baseball
Ceci n’est pas une strikeout! The subversive genius of A-Rod.
- May 14, 2007 | Feature
- Code Red
Don DeLillo, the literary master of the terrorist’s imagination, reaches for the ultimate subject.
- October 29, 2007 | The Book Review
- French Twist
How to Talk About Books You Haven’t Read proves its own point.
- October 15, 2007 | The Book Review
- The Mother Smotherer
In her new book, Alice Sebold commits a crime more grievous than murder: self-plagiarism.
- October 1, 2007 | The Book Review
- Schlong of Myself
Mourning the death of Philip Roth’s funny bone.
- September 24, 2007 |
- Exorcising the Dodgers
50 years ago, the Dodgers left Ebbets Field for Los Angeles. Isn’t it time their ghosts left, too?