- October 31, 2011 | The Theater Review
- O Brother
The Ethan Coen–Woody Allen–Elaine May triptych Relatively Speaking nearly drowns in its own shtick.
- September 26, 2011 | Encounter
- 185 Minutes With Judith Miller
After-theater drinks with the ex–Times reporter, whose new job has her dishing the criticism.
- August 8, 2011 | Feature
- One Cheer for the Fringe Festival
On hoping for the best, every August.
- June 13, 2011 | Feature
- Prize Fight
A debate about the Tony awards: who’ll win, who should win, and who wuz robbed.
- February 7, 2011 | The Theater Review
- A Weirder Tennessee
Williams’s late work gets a new shake on his 100th birthday.
- December 13, 2010 |
- The Year in Theater
Scott Brown's top ten theater productions of 2010.
- November 8, 2010 | Feature
- Mark Rylance Unplugged
With one breathtaking, breakneck 30-minute monologue, he steals the season.
- September 14, 2010 | The Theater Review
- A Too-Delicate Balance
Me, Myself & I is classic Albee—until, just when it needs to turn most vicious, the play runs out of bile.
- August 30, 2010 |
- Action vs. Jackson
Benjamin Walker could have been a Hollywood superhero. Instead, he’s at the Jacobs Theatre, rocking the man on the $20 bill.
- July 12, 2010 | The Theater Review
- Ah, Venice!
For Shakespeare in the Park’s Merchant of Venice, Al Pacino loses the tics and gets deep into Shylock. As for The Winter’s Tale, well…