- February 23, 2009 | The Theater Review
- Misery Times Two
Uncle Vanya’s jumpy, star-studded Russian melancholy, and Lynn Nottage’s grimly lyric Ruined.
- February 16, 2009 | The Theater Review
- Bush and Busch
Comic man-child Will Ferrell takes his perfect role to Broadway. Plus: The battling queens of The Third Story.
- February 9, 2009 | The Theater Review
- The Waiting Game
Mercedes Ruehl is a brilliantly monolithic matriarch in The American Plan. Plus, Hedda Gabler.
- November 24, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Ballet Masters
Billy Elliot is a flat-footed missed opportunity saved by the ecstatic performances of its young stars.
- October 27, 2008 | The Theater Review
‘Lately I’ve been gettin’ this creepy feeling that she thinks we’re datin’,” teenage lost-boy Dennis tells twentysomething lost-girl Frances.
- October 20, 2008 | The Theater Review
- A Dreary ‘Season’
When Frank Langella plays Sir Thomas More, you expect thunder. What you get is drizzle.
- September 29, 2008 | The Theater Review
- Liberté, Égalité, Mediocrité
A Tale of Two Cities: The Musical isn’t quite what Charles Dickens had in mind. Plus the brainy charms of The English Channel.
- September 22, 2008 | Feature
- The Kathie and Hoda Show
Kathie Lee Gifford's squawking presence on the Today show provides priceless daily cringe fodder.