- February 7, 2005
- How Would Duncan Sheik Spend $30,000?
We asked the singer-songwriter—whose new musical, Spring Awakening, previews at Lincoln Center this week—to re-spend his first BMG publishing contract.
- January 10, 2005
- How Would Kate Spade Spend $14,500?
The designer budgets her salary at her ﬁrst job—fashion assistant at Mademoiselle magazine—for herself and her baby-to-be.
- December 13, 2004
- How Would Thelma Golden Spend $84,727.50?
The chief curator of the Studio Museum in Harlem plays with the recent auction price (plus tax) of an untitled piece by Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- November 22, 2004
- How Would Gloria Vanderbilt Spend $4,562.04?
The artist-designer-author—and mother of CNN’s Anderson Cooper—plays with the price of a collage (plus tax) from her current exhibit at the Andre Zarre Gallery.
- November 8, 2004
- How Would Giorgio Armani Spend $54,375?
The legendary designer blew the price of a custom-beaded dress from his spring Atelier collection (plus 8.75 percent tax). Theoretically.
- October 25, 2004
- How Would Michael Stipe Spend $3,018.86?
We gave R.E.M.’s lead singer the price of the band’s first touring vehicle —a 1982 Dodge van—and a tank of gas (in play money, naturally). Here’s how he spent it.
- October 18, 2004
- How Would Isaiah Thomas Spend $385,277?
We gave the Knicks president the starting salary for NBA rookies— in theory, of course. Here’s how he spent it.