- February 20, 2006
- Cocoa-flavored gnocchi? Do I dare?
I admit I had little hope for that gnocchi, or for fried cod over lemon marmalade, or fennel salad with licorice-spiked olive oil, bold moves on the menu at brand-new Spiga.
- February 13, 2006
- Is it the real or discount David Burke at Bloomie's?
Taste the mellow green-apple lobster bisque and those fabulous Asiago truffle fries and you’ll believe the real David Burke has been lurking nearby in this stainless-steel, smartly checkered canteen.
- February 6, 2006
- We’re hungry for comfort on the Upper East Side.
The narrow storefront that was Butterfield 81 has always catered to the neighborhood, and that’s Francesco Antonucci’s mind-set here in a room that is stripped-down and simple.
- December 26, 2005
- I Wouldn’t Mind a Dose of Vintage Hotel Classic
The city’s almost manic effervescence has invaded the once-staid Waldorf, unleashing a jangle of energy in the lounge of the newly reorganized Peacock Alley.
- July 18, 2005
- What's Worth the Hamptons Hassle?
Who cares how authentic it is when crispy flautas with avocado crème fraîche and chicken mole poblano are that good?
- October 17, 2005
- Direct Me to a Seriously Excessive Pasta.
It’s all about food here, about quintessential excess: poached-egg raviolo with truffle essence.
- September 19, 2005
- Am I Awake? I See David Bouley Cooking
Yes, the food is delicious. How could it be otherwise with David himself hustling the range?
- October 10, 2005
- Will Whimsy Curdle My Udon Noodles?
Such blatant cuteness might annoy if the food weren’t so good.
- September 5, 2005
- Why Do I Feel a Sea Breeze on Delancey and Norfolk?
"I'd send you here for the touching romance of the venture, and for that aristocratic lobster roll."
- August 22, 2005
- How far wil Jean-George's empire stretch?
Hong Kong, Texas, and now the Village.