- July 18, 2005
- What's Worth the Hamptons Hassle?
Who cares how authentic it is when crispy flautas with avocado crème fraîche and chicken mole poblano are that good?
- May 26, 2005
- Where Are All the Pretty People?
Once word gets out how good chef Chris Santos’s small sharing plates can be, the darling brats may be shouldered aside by determined foodies.
- May 23, 2005
- Omakase is my Middle Name.
The parade of sensuous sushi, each sliver of fish hiding a heady wasabi charge, provokes uninhibited ummms of shocked pleasure.
- May 16, 2005
- Is There a New Las Vegas? Do I Care?
This, I’m told, is a new X-rated Las Vegas of strip joints, burlesque, topless Cirque du Soleil. I’m too busy eating at the just-hatched Wynn Resort (a guest at the launch) to investigate.
- May 9, 2005
- Can't You Stay Away from Clinton Street?
Falai is neither trendy nor defiantly eccentric, more charming than brilliant, and worth a trek.
- April 25, 2005
- Another New Barbecue Joint? Is It the Real Deal?
Out came jerk-rubbed and smoky chicken wings with a pineapple dip that rocked even the Venetian countess.
- April 18, 2005
- I thought it was Tuscan—Now it’s English?
Some good grub here, but it’s more a feast for gluttons than gourmands.
- April 4, 2005
- Where Would You Go to Goof Off a Little?
Unlike the typical Chino-Latino hash on upper Broadway, Asia de Cuba mixes up a Tower of Babel in every dish.
- March 23, 2005
- ASK GAEL
Interesting sentence about the restaurant.
- March 28, 2005
- Tell Me a Thai Place That's Worth the Trip
If you’re not immutably fixated on the authentic, join me trundling down to the East Village for the savvy Indonesian refinements of Taweewat Hurapan.