- April 18, 2005
- Mark Recker, A&R Assistant
Usually when I wake up in the morning I have an idea of what I’m going to wear that day. I only rarely try on lots of different outfits.
- April 11, 2005
- Julia Erdman, NYU Sophomore
"I’m a culture-phile, but I definitely think that food comes first—then art, then fashion."
- April 4, 2005
- Dr. Rosalie Mishkin, Psychologist
People stop me on the street three to four times a week to tell me I look beautiful.
- March 28, 2005
- Karim Sanders, Parking Attendant, Construction Worker, and Tour Coordinator, With His Son Amir
"I'm upscale. I've got champagne tastes but bare money."
- March 14, 2005
- Demetrise Washington, Technology-Business Analyst
People always tell me I dress like a French girl.
- March 7, 2005
- Mila, Sandra, and Tara Erer, High-School Student, Store Owner, and College Student
In New York, everybody is a sample of style by themselves. You see very few clichés.
- February 28, 2005
- Duane Littles, Actor
I buy stuff and retool it—I’ll add buttons, paint, pieces of denim. I was doing trucker hats for a while, and then women’s handbags. Now I’m coming into a T-shirt phase.
- February 21, 2005
- Sara Gettelfinger, Actress
When I’m spending twelve hours a day at the theater, I aim for comfort.
- February 14, 2005
- Julia Donaldson, Student
In this outfit I’m like Alice in Wonderland meets some old spidery widow.
- February 7, 2005
- Peter Hayn, Artist
I have fifteen fur coats, and I wish I’d met you on one of my other strolls up and down Madison Avenue. There are so many others that are more exciting.