- February 7, 2005
- Brella Bar Opens on Elizabeth St.
Umbrellas are the latest niche market.
- November 1, 2004
- Ashley Tyler Comes to Soho
Our weekly roundup of new New York shops.
- November 8, 2004
- Fete Opens on Park Ave.
Fete Opens on Park Ave. Oscar de la Renta opens first freestanding American store. Other openings include Carlos Miele, Scharffen Berger and Matrix Global Academy.
- November 15, 2004
- Henri Bendel Lingerie Department
The entire third floor becomes the new home to 30 different lines of sexy underpinnings.
- January 3, 2005
- Gorilla Marketing
Japan’s cult clothing line comes to New York.
- January 24, 2005
- David Webb Moves to Madison Ave.
Jet-setters, take note: Jewelry house David Webb just moved ten blocks.
- April 18, 2005
- Schoolhouse Electric Co. Opens on Vestry Street
Light fixtures cast from molds used in early-twentieth-century schools and libraries sound drab, but the stock at Schoolhouse Electric Co. is surprisingly eclectic.
- October 25, 2004
- Great Jones Spa Expands Downtown
- August 28, 2006
- Guy Laroche Opens in Midtown
After almost 50 years in business, Parisian fashion house Guy Laroche is finally opening a U.S. store.
- August 7, 2006
- Townhouse Spa Opens in Midtown
For those who find Acqua Beauty Bar a little, well, frilly, owner Jamie Ahn has opened a sleek uptown outpost, Townhouse Spa.