- September 26, 2005
- The First Big Drop Men's Opens
The first Big Drop Men's store is a mirror image of the women's.
- September 19, 2005
- Prague Kolektiv Opens in DUMBO
With an exclusive focus on Czech home design from the twenties through the sixties, Prague Kolektiv could be a way to freshen up your mid-century modern collection.
- September 5, 2005
- Project 234 Opens on Mulberry Street
The stock of chic punk clothes at Project 234 changes daily.
- August 22, 2005
- Kleinfeld Relocates to Manhattan
Since 1941, brides-to-be have made the pilgrimage to Kleinfeld in Bay Ridge for wedding dresses. Now the neighborhood mainstay has relocated to a larger, 35,000-square-foot space in Manhattan
- August 8, 2005
- Mastic Spa Opens on West Broadway
The hydrating, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal nectar from mastic trees grown in Chios, Greece, infuses the facial washes, lipsticks, and soaps at Mastic Spa - which, despite its name, is a store only.
- July 25, 2005
- Superdeluxe Opens on the Lower East Side
The latest quirky Lower East Side design store is Superdeluxe.
- July 18, 2005
- James Perse Opens on Bleecker Street
James Perse is the quintessential West Coast designer, known for his shirt dresses and soft, layerable tees.
- June 27, 2005
- De Beers Comes to America
Until now, De Beers diamonds were accessible only to travelers to London and Tokyo.
- June 13, 2005
- Berluti Opens on the Upper East Side
Berluti has evolved from its humble roots (started 110 years ago by an Italian immigrant) to the preferred bespoke shoemaker for aristocrats, dapper entertainers, and well-heeled types.
- June 6, 2005
- Johnny Rocco Opens in Boerum Hill
Johnny Rocco stocks indie designers you won't find in Manhattan.