- April 12, 2004
- A Little Bit Country...Marrakech Express...Candy Is Dandy
This week's openings include: Evviva, Mas, Itzocan Bistro and Barbes. Plus, Gael reveals her diet-busting indulgences.
- April 5, 2004
- Branching Out...Early-Bird Specials...Siamese Connection
This week's openings include Miss Williamsburg Portavia, Zeytin, and Indigo Indian Bistro. Plus, Gael enjoys Amuse's sampling options.
- March 22, 2004
- BLVD's Promise...Picnic in the Village...Souped-Up Ramen
This week's openings include BLVD and Picnic. Coming soon: Marc Murphy at Landmarc. Plus Gael discovers Dumont, another good reason to visit Brooklyn.
- March 15, 2004
- Where's the Boeuf?...A New Village Pub...Hog Heaven
Restaurant openings and buzz for the March 15, 2004 issue of New York Magazine. Restaurants featured include Megu, BLT Steak, WogieÂ’s, and DB Bistro Moderne.
- March 8, 2004
- Pea-Brainstorming...Brave Old World...Not Your Corner Bodegas
Perfect cream puffs, Crispos's sole impanato and zucchini fritti, and eight new openings.
- March 1, 2004
- Village People...Later, Gator...Navigating Little India
The authentic Village vibe at Bar Nocetti is no accident. An attitude (and name change) at a favorite sandwich haunt. Plus, Gael's tips for navigating Little India.
- February 23, 2004
- The Sweetest Taboon...Homecoming Week...Presidential Cherry Pies
Chef Haim Cohen cooks up "Middleterranean" dishes at Taboon, the best cherry pies for President's Day, and more.
- February 16, 2004
- Altar Ego...Dinner Theater...The Beard House
Austrian doughnuts at Cafe Sabarsky, a chocolate lover's Valentine's Day menu, and Biana serves up food that even your Italian grandma would love.
- February 9, 2004
- Thin Blue Slice...Jitter Bug...Scoring a Table at Casa Mono
The anti-Starbucks, how to land a table at Casa Mono, and a new Whole Foods opens at the Time Warner Center.
- February 2, 2004
- Spice Boys...A Cantonese Comeback in Queens...Lunch Break at 'Cesca
An Asian treasure from Gray Kunz and Jean-Georges Vongerichten, a sweet take on organic yogurt, and more.