- February 7, 2008
- Learn a New Winter Sport in Lake Winnipesaukee
Not a skier? Find your own offbeat outdoor fun in New Hampshire’s snowy lake region.
- January 31, 2008
- Chic and Cheap in Antwerp
Belgium’s design center has shopping opportunities for your weak dollar.
- January 23, 2008
- Loosen the Beltway in Washington, D.C.
With new restaurants by some of the country’s finest chefs, the capital sheds its dusty dining reputation.
- January 15, 2008
- Stick to Your Budget in St. Martin
New JetBlue service to the island (from $125 each way) starts January 17; stay on the French side for an affordable escape to tropical paradise.
- January 12, 2008
- Pitch a Tent in South Florida
A winter camping trip to Florida’s Gold Coast, between Fort Lauderdale and Jupiter, offers a surprising bounty of wildlife.
- December 12, 2007
- Ski Quebec’s Powder Stash
The skiers-to-snow equation leans toward the white stuff at Le Massif, making the mountains just east of Quebec City one of the best and modernized sleeper resorts.
- December 18, 2007
- Get Into Hot Water in Cabarete
The Dominican Republic’s north coast is the Caribbean capital of edgy aqua sports and extreme partying.
- October 10, 2007
- Stretch Your Buck in Newport
The Rhode Island resort town is just as entertaining in the fallóbut at half the price.
- October 31, 2007
- Supersize Your Wardrobe in Dallas
Big D’s ongoing building boom means ever-expanding malls, a high concentration of haute couture, and a flurry of boutique openings.
- November 7, 2007
- Climb Peaks in North Creek, New York
A four-hour drive from Manhattan, the sleepy Adirondacks town is a great jumping-off point for strenuous fall hikes.