- The swastika-like Manji appears on the front of . . . CBSs prime-time studio in Nagano, and was seen during Olympic coverage last weekend.
--New York Post
- This Buddhist symbol has to do with solar movement. Its important to remember the German swastika goes counter-clockwise, but the Buddhist has a clockwise direction.
--Vishakha N. Desai, Asia Society
- Far more apparent was the Nike Swoosh, which was pasted all over the
apparel of the networks announcers.
- That has a pretty big impact for Nike. Youre talking about seventeen days of prime-time coverage.
--Fred Fried, Integrated Sports International
- CBS . . . has turned its announcers into billboards.
- CBS did . . . minimize the views of the Manji symbol. We would be so lucky if a similar strategy were employed for the Swoosh.
--The Arizona Republic
[an error occurred while processing this directive]