(Click on links to view images)
- The Classic Frost stainless-steel stand eliminates the need for a cutlery drawer. It holds a stainless-steel-and-resin-composite service for four; the set is dishwasher-safe and $19.95 at Surprise! Surprise! (91 Third Avenue; 212-777-0990).
- Lemonade at the pool? Iced tea on the terrace? No sweat with Gaetano America's hand-painted ceramic summer coolers; in one-, two-, and three-gallon sizes, they're $28, $42, and $54 at Fishs Eddy (889 Broadway, at 19th Street, 212-420-9020; and 2176 Broadway, at 77th Street, 212-873-8819).
- Drain pasta the Italian way with Gio' Style's Florì heat-resistant polypropylene Scolapasta; it's $6 at ABC Carpet & Home (888 Broadway, at 19th Street; 212-473-3000).
- It may look fragile, but don't be fooled. This folding faux-bamboo metal magazine rack can hold a summer's worth of glossies; it's $37.50 at William-Wayne & Co. (846 Lexington Avenue, at 64th Street, 212-737-8934; and 40 University Place, 212-533-4711).
- Face it: Even in the Hamptons you'll be at your computer, so why not spring for a splashy computer chair? .Com's has a reinforced polycarbonate base and wheels, pneumatic height adjustment, and fabric-covered padded seat, and it comes in perky translucent colors; it's $79 at Surprise! Surprise!