(Click on links to view images)
- Havoc's Hip Chicks frame holds three I-Zone mini-photos; it's $7 at Marsha D.D. (1324 Lexington Avenue, near 88th Street; 212-534-8700).
- RetroGlo light-up pen is not only great for writing at night but a necessity for midnight trips to the loo; it's $7 at West Side Kids (498 Amsterdam Avenue, at 84th Street; 212-496-7282).
- Fanteen by Squeeze Breeze covers all bases; it's a fan, a water spritzer, and a canteen with a webbed shoulder strap. It takes four AA batteries (not included) and is $12 at P.S. I Love You (1242 Madison Avenue, near 89th Street; 212-722-6272).
- Whiteside Press Camp Journal has places for kids to record stuff like "the worst joke," "the grossest thing," and "the messiest camper" as well as the more positive "favorite activities" and "great days!" It's $10 at Kids Down the Block (490 Amsterdam Avenue, near 84th Street; 212-496-1546).
- My Ultra Secret Stuff Journal comes with an invisible-ink pen for recording secrets, an ultraviolet light for reading them, and a lock and key; it's $22 (four AA batteries not included) at E.A.T. Gifts (1062 Madison Avenue, near 80th Street; 212-861-2544), Kids Down the Block, Marsha D.D., and P.S. I Love You.
- Wild Planet's H2O Dive Watch is water-resistant to 35 feet and has a depth gauge (to 8 feet), a stopwatch, and a lighted digital time display; it's $15 at the Children's General Store (2473 Broadway, near 92nd Street, 212-580-2723; and Grand Central Terminal, Lexington Passage, 212-682-0004) and Kids Down the Block.
- Polaroid I-Zone instant mini-camera records memorable camp moments. The set includes two AA batteries and film for six photos; it's $29.99 at Colortek (all locations).
Click here for Best Bets Online at Yahoo!