High fashion's current obsession with designer logos doesn't lend itself to bargain-hunting -- as a publicist for one statusy line says, "we don't sell lint for under $100." Yes, there's a lot of money in New York these days (Celine's $720 monogrammed jeans and Gucci's $2,855 motocross jacket are flying off the racks). To impress without maxing out your credit cards, snap up smaller treasures -- as long as they scream where they came from, size doesn't matter. Here, our favorites for $250 or less.
- A Fendi evening bag that's a great deal: Buy a card pouch ($75), recycle the decks, and the prize is yours. Fendi, 720 Fifth Avenue, at 56th Street (212-767-0100).
- Head-to-toe logos are for the very brave, but a touch on the feet always wins ($250). Celine, 51 East 57th Street (212-486-9700).
- Choice neckwear for the La Goulue lunch crowd ($100). Christian Dior, 19 East 57th Street (212-931-2200).
- No initials here, and none needed. Burberry's plaid print speaks for itself. ($52). Burberry, 9 East 57th Street (212-371-5010).
- Don't miss the boat -- now's the time to snap up the chic-est fishing hat ever ($120). Gucci, 10 West 57th Street (212-826-2600).
- A pint-size (literally) tote with the grandaddy of all logos works day-to-night ($140). Louis Vuitton, 116 Greene Street (212-274-9090).
Picks of the Week
Whole Foods in SoHo, the food and vitamin store fashionable health nuts swear by, is going out of business. The good news is, they're clearing everything for at least 25 percent off, and many things are discounted even more (vitamins and herbal supplements are half off). 117 Prince St. (212-982-1000); A.E.; Mon.-Fri. 9-9, Sat-Sun. 10-8; 3/21-4/1.
The Pine Tree Lodge, a source for country-style pine furniture, is selling tons of floor samples for up to 60 percent off. Have a drink in the store's new bar, and check out bookcases ($295), armoires (from $795), and farm tables (from $395), plus vintage signs and braided rugs. The Cabin Club at the Pine Tree Lodge, 326 E. 35th St. (212-481-5490); A.E., M.C., V., checks; Wed.-Sat. 3 p.m.- 4 a.m.; Sun. 1 p.m.-2 a.m.; 3/22-4/4.
Stonekelly, the high-end West Side florist, is taking up to 80 percent off new and lightly used candles, containers, tablecloths, and large props, as well as the haute country iron and distressed wood furniture from the store floor. Flowers aren't discounted, but you can buy stems to fill your new vases. 328 Columbus Ave., near 75th St. (212-875-0500); A.E., M.C., V.; Fri.-Sat. 11-5, Sun. noon-5; 3/24-3/26.
David Barton Gym's new at-home massage service will send a therapist to your door to knead you into deep relaxation. The treatment is currently 30 percent off ($91 per one-hour session, $866 for a package of 10 and a month of gym membership). Call 212-727-0004 to reserve; A.E., M.C., V., checks; 3/20-4/21.
Mandala is taking up to 70 percent off pretty handmade beaded and embroidered bags, scarves, and wraps. Prices are from $50 for beaded silk evening purses to $150 for larger, embroidered pashmina bags (pictured). 580 Broadway, Suite 510 (212-966-7476); A.E., M.C., V.; Mon.-Fri. 10-6, Sat. noon-5; 3/20-3/28.