Sick of sweating through those late-summer blowouts? Beauty mavens swear by new Japanese-style thermal hair-straightening treatments. Indulge in one every six months or so, and your styling routine will be reduced to mere minutes. The catch: The process can run upwards of $600. Luckily, we've convinced some of our favorite salons to give "S&B" readers at least 20 percent off. Just book before Labor Day, mention New York Magazine when you call, and bring this page to your appointment. (Note: you must bring the page from the magazine, not the online version)
- The ultimate in uptown hair chic, Frédéric Fekkai is offering 20 percent off on its signature Healthy Hair Straightener (usually $750). 15 E. 57th St.; 212-753-9500.
- All clients -- new or not -- will receive 20 percent off at Warren-Tricomi's fab glass-enclosed Rockefeller Plaza salon or its rock-chic 57th Street locale (regularly $700, but can be more, depending on length). 45 Rockefeller Plaza or 16 W. 57th St.; 212-262-8899.
- The sun-drenched salon Glow is offering 20 percent off the usual $600 process (prices are determined by length, texture, and condition of hair). 36 E. 23rd St., tenth floor; 212-228-1822.
- Laicale's stylists study thermal straightening at their salon in Japan -- and will do their magic on your mane for 25 percent off (usually costs $175 per hour, with a three-hour minimum). 129 Grand St.; 212-219-2424.
- The homey yet luxe Salon Kiara is offering 20 percent off its straightening treatment (average price is about $350). 515 Madison Ave., at 53rd St.; 212-832-2699.
- A fave with downtown new-media types, Space is taking 20 percent off its usual $175 to $500 process. 155 Sixth Ave.; 212-647-8588.
PLUS: This Week's Sale Picks