1. Knicks Basketball Camp Boys and girls ages 8 to 17 teach Knicks Allan Houston, Charlie Ward, and Don Chaney a thing or two about winning. (Weekly sessions beginning July 21 and August 11 and 24 at Basketball City; 212-924-4040; $350 per week).
2. Jamaica Bay Riding Academy A week of lessons in horse care and riding is set on a three-mile stretch of beach near JFK. (Sessions ongoing; 718-531-8949; $325 per week.)
3. Junior Rangers This preteen Parks Department program out of Inwood Hill and Marine parks offers courses in canoeing, fishing, ecology, hiking, and camping on a flexible schedule. (Weekdays July 7 through August 15; 212-360-1406; $100 per week or $25 per day.)
4. Extreme Park, Chelsea Piers Skaters 6 to 16 get tips on everything from 360 flips to dropping in, while learning to create their own contest runs. (Through August 29; 212-336-6846; $440 one week, $820 for two.)
5. Tannen’s Magic Sure, it’s a sport—ask your 8-year-old about Quidditch. David Blaine once taught at this Islip sleepaway camp for teen illusionists. (August 2 through 9; 212-929-4500; $995.)