7. Remove vegetables from the oven. Place the turkey in the oven, and cook for 1 hour and 25 minutes, basting often.
8. If the juices in the roasting pan start to burn, add 1⁄2 cup hot water. Place the giblets (but not the liver) in a small saucepan with 1⁄2 cup onion and 3 cups water, bring to a boil, and simmer over medium-low heat for about an hour to make a stock.
9. Wash the Brussels sprouts, trim the ends, and cut in half. Add the bacon and 1⁄2 cup onion to the onion sauté pan, and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat, and cook slowly for 20 minutes, adding 1⁄2 cup water after 10 minutes if the pan starts to brown.
10. Transfer to a shallow casserole dish, stir in 1 cup heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the Brussels sprouts with about 2 cups of the remaining bread chunks to cover, and press them lightly into the cream.
11. Place the cranberries, orange juice, and brown sugar in a small saucepan, and simmer over medium heat until the berries start to burst open, about 15 minutes.
12. Cut the Belgian endive into shreds lengthwise, and place in a salad bowl.