- Can't get a seat at Shakespeare in the Park? Plenty of tickets are still available for Shakespeare in the 64th Street Duane Reade and Shakespeare in the Line Outside of Lot 61.
- Your brain didn't go on vacation, either! Check out the Maxim Literary Festival, featuring discussions and readings by Cindy Margolis, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tom Green, Jewel, and Lillian Ross.
- Get ready for Paul Simon in Central Park! He's not performing, but can usually be found sunning himself in the Sheep Meadow. Approach with caution.
- Outdoorsy types will love Taste of New York, a three-month-long alfresco feeding frenzy for New York mosquitoes. (May be canceled on account of spraying.)
- Take a stroll with the Silicon Alley Walking Tour, which features stops at empty lofts, reconverted warehouses, and Josh Harris's apartment.
- Since this season isn't all about having fun, don't miss Scared Straight!: Upper West Side, a field trip during which liberals visit Al Sharpton in jail, where he frightens them with tales of his "Vieques-celent" adventures.
- New York is eBook Country!: This festival does not exist.
- And last but not least, don't forget to attend the Paris and Nicky Hilton Open House.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]