Just As You May Have Suspected, FOMO Is Pretty Much Social Media’s Fault
FOMO, or the fear of missing out, is an afflicter of many. Recently, scientists decided to study this phenomenon, and found that social media and depression are part of a vicious cycle.
Produced by Christine Nguyen, written by Cait Munro.
- This Is Only the Third Time in 27 Years We’ve Seen This Mysterious Octopus
- We Asked an Exercise Scientist How to Mentally Deal With a Plateau
- It Turns Out There Are 4 Different Types of Introverts
- Here’s What Your Yawn Says About Your Brain Size
- These Scientifically Soothing Videos Are Made to Calm Stressed Pets
- This Is What Happens to Your Brain When You Get Drunk
- It’s Unbelievable How Many Americans Don’t Use All Their Vacation Time
- An Environmental Defense of Peeing in the Shower
- 50 Years of Research Shows the Scary Ramifications of Spanking Kids
- Science Has Finally Weighed In on the Ideal Sleeping Temperature
- Your Repressed Memories Are a Lot Closer Than You Think
- In Japan, Sleeping on the Job Can Be Acceptable (If You Do It Right)