Watching Male Spiders Practice the Art of Seduction Is Eerily Familiar
Trying to put the moves on someone isn’t a stress-free situation no matter what your gender (or species, for that matter), but it would appear that male jumping spiders may have it among the worst in the animal kingdom. Just watch what happens to them if they make one wrong move, and you’ll suddenly appreciate the seemingly dog-eat-dog nature of the Saturday-night bar scene a lot more.
Video courtesy of bioGraphic.
- This Is Only the Third Time in 27 Years We’ve Seen This Mysterious Octopus
- We Asked an Exercise Scientist How to Mentally Deal With a Plateau
- It Turns Out There Are 4 Different Types of Introverts
- Here’s What Your Yawn Says About Your Brain Size
- These Scientifically Soothing Videos Are Made to Calm Stressed Pets
- This Is What Happens to Your Brain When You Get Drunk
- An Environmental Defense of Peeing in the Shower
- 50 Years of Research Shows the Scary Ramifications of Spanking Kids
- Science Has Finally Weighed In on the Ideal Sleeping Temperature
- Your Repressed Memories Are a Lot Closer Than You Think
- In Japan, Sleeping on the Job Can Be Acceptable (If You Do It Right)