Another golf-ball monogrammer? He hasn’t taken the last one out of the box yet, or cracked the spine on that business titan’s autobiography you got him for Christmas. Instead, replace his tattered swim trunks with a fresh pair. Not only does that tell him you’re wishing him a long, relaxing summer at the pool/beach/lake, but it implies you might go there with him, which would be the best gift of all. For more Father’s Day gifts with thought behind them, click ahead.
1. Loomstate trunks, $129 at Steven Alan, 103 Franklin St., nr. Church St.; 212-343-0692.
2. Hurley board shorts, $44 at Macy’s, 151 W. 34th St., at Broadway; 212-695-4400.
3. Seersucker trunks, $129 at APC, 131 Mercer St., nr. Prince St.; 212-966-9685.
4. Madras trunks, $54.50 at J.Crew, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, nr. 50th St.; 212-765-4227.
5. Tribal-Print board shorts, $19.50 at Old Navy, 610 Sixth Ave., nr. 18th St.; 212-645-0663.
6. New Wave swim trunks, $158 at Marc by Marc Jacobs, 403 Bleecker St., nr. 11th St.; 212-924-0026.